Our client is a global medical communications agency with an excellent reputation for the calibre of work that they put out. Continued growth leads them to seek an Associate Client Services Director to join their central London based team.
Uses extensive scientific and commercial expertise to act as a strategic partner to the client assisting with the development of overall and tactical plans. Develops and maintains a large client account with financial, resourcing and financial responsibility.
Client Contact / Professional Relations:
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with key international contacts and medical opinion leaders
- Provides client(s) with a high level of scientific and commercial expertise gained through extensive knowledge and experience of the industry and company services
- Responsible for leading a large Account Team, including the establishment and maintenance of quality standards, cost efficiency and working practices
- Responsible for keeping abreast with key events in the industry
- Provides strategic direction, promotes best practice and provides advice on tactical implementation to account team for large, more complex projects - promotes innovation/creativity
- Provides assistance to other account teams/ divisions when needed and shares best practice, knowledge and ideas with other account teams and divisions
- Strives to achieve stretching net revenue targets agreed with Director/CEO and Group Financial Director
- Where appropriate, works with Group Finance Director to develop and maintain relationships with client procurement teams.
- Overall responsibility to the CSD for all project finance within the account to ensure cost-efficiency and competitiveness - including ensuring efficiency of working between client service teams and other departments
- Responsible for accurate input of all hours worked onto timesheets on a daily basis for self and team
- Identifies new business / opportunities for growth with existing and new clients.
- Pitches for and wins new business with new / existing clients
- Seeks ways to ensure competitive advantage through the delivery of creative and diverse range of projects
Management and Supervision:
- Provides leadership to the account team
- Manages career development of team members to ensure maximum employee satisfaction and development at the same time as productivity
- Ensures adequate resources to service client account and proactively addresses any resourcing issues
- Involvement in company-wide initiatives and acts as an ambassador both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A life sciences degree or PhD plus experience in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical environment with time at a management level
- Extensive experience of all agency services
- Management Development, Presentation skills and Pharmaceutical Marketing training
- General computer proficiency required with knowledge of Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint.
- Business and Client Awareness
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Decision making and influencing
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Team Player and company advocate
An excellent package of salary and benefits awaits the successful candidate. For full details please call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.