Our client is an international medical communications agency which is looking for an outstanding scientific leader to head up the scientific services in their London office. Our client is proud to be working on high profile accounts for blockbuster drugs that are changing the way that medicine is practised.
This person will provide the most senior scientific leadership, driving exceptional standards and team excellence. You can expect to lead scientific excellence and quality, through your direction, guidance and training for the wider scientific team, managing resourcing and recruitment, providing strategic-level input and expertise on client accounts, together with the growth of existing accounts and helping to secure new business.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and package of benefits including 25 days holiday, bonus, pension, gym membership, season ticket loan and more.
Our client is a global company that brings energy and scientific strength to medical communications. It has grown to be a leader in medical communications with a large team of highly talented individuals and an impressive client list.
They offer an intellectually stimulating environment; where teamwork and our entrepreneurial approach keeps them at the cutting edge of medical communications. They have a strong focus on scientific quality with established processes and systems that ensure robust, accurate and scientifically rigorous outputs.
They specialise in delivering strategic plans and aligned execution including simultaneous publication, collaboration with the world’s leading universities and creative data roll-out. They have created a publications centre of excellence in London specialising in the effective operational and strategic management of large publications programmes.
- This is a leadership role that will cover all aspects of training, development and ensuring the quality of output is maintained at the highest level across the scientific services.
- The overall management of resource to meet demands of client business delivery and planning for future requirements will be a key element of this role. The successful hiring of scientific staff at all levels together with the management of external/freelance resource will be a priority.
- The role will assume line management for the Scientific Team Leaders and Scientific Directors, including all aspects of career development and appraisal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level, preferably with higher degree, within a life science
- Will demonstrate an outstanding track record within medical communications with significant agency experience
- Will likely be a current leader of scientific services or a rising star with the highest scientific calibre within a medical communications agency
- Will possess proven ability and experience in line management, recruitment, training and development of staff and initiatives to promote and maintain scientific excellence
- Will have a full and comprehensive knowledge of compliant medical communications and education
- Will have demonstrable examples of being able to provide scientific excellence and insight during new business opportunities and to existing client business
For more information call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.