Our client is an international medical communications agency providing a full portfolio of services to their diverse client list. As they continue to grow and expand their business they are now looking for experienced medical writers to join their team in Central London.
The main purpose of the role is to create and develop complex pharmaceutical marketing materials including manuscripts, meetings materials, slide deck and training materials. The Senior Medical Writer (SMW) will also be involved in editorial account management, client relations, communications strategy and editorial team management. They will handle a wide range of assignments as well as providing scientific insight and counsel to clients and internal teams.
Our client is driven to ensure that their staff are happy and developing. As well as offering an excellent salary and benefits including family medical cover, bonus, 25 days holiday, travel insurance (including leisure), competitive pension, regular awards and more. They strive to offer a stimulating and diverse working day as well as professional development in a nurturing working environment.
- Apply commercial strategy to editorial assignments and assist in the development of key messages
- Research and write complex and sophisticated materials
- Design, develop and deliver complex clinical presentations with appropriate audience engagement
- Design and develop medical educational materials using effective adult-learning techniques
- Review written scientific documents for writing style, strategy, content accuracy and fact/data checking
- Comprehensive knowledge of journal, publications practices, multiple therapy areas and relevant professional bodies
- Provide on-site support at client events, such as Advisory Boards and Congresses, by amending slide decks, creating meeting notes etc.
- Build client teams, including bringing relevant resources onto team from throughout the company
- Distribute and supervise workload among more junior team members
- Clearly communicate all time and budget guidelines to team members
- Provide guidance to junior staff within the practice group
- Ensure that clients’ needs and expectations are understood and managed
- Establish client service objectives and create a plan to fulfil these objectives
- Lead formal client meetings and brainstorms
- Develop strategies and provide senior-level client counsel
- Ensure quality control for finished product delivery across multiple client programmes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree and ideally MSc or PhD
- Significant previous experience of medical writing gained within a medical communications environment
- Experience of writing a range of materials in various therapy areas
- Ability to set and manage budgets, and prepare invoices
- Ability to manage and develop client relationships
- Strong organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and balance multiple priorities and demands
- Team player, willing to share information and ideas
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality-control skills
This is a great opportunity to advance your career in a forward thinking environment and to make a real difference to the growth of an expanding company. Please call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996 for more information.