Based in Cheshire, our client is an established independent medical communications agency. They are currently looking for a Senior Medical Writer/ Principal Medical Writer to join their team to work with publications, congress materials, and educational materials for clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
In this role you will create and oversee medical content for clients across a broad range of project types and work with providing high-level scientific and technical consultancy services through leading strategic and editorial development. You will coordinate the implementation of client communication programmes, with a focus on deliverables. This role has a 100% writing and editorial focus, and will concentrate on writing, reviewing, mentoring and leading projects and small accounts from the editorial side.
In addition to opportunities for career progression, the successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits that include 25 days of holidays, a contributory pension, spot incentives, and much more.
- Act as the primary editorial contact on assigned accounts and take ownership of the editorial component of multiple projects.
- Provide high-level scientific expertise and support across all account teams.
- Create high-quality content across the full range of medical communications in different therapy areas and editorial project types and review content of written materials for other writers.
- Effectively mentor more junior staff
- Contribute to the development and delivery of strategic communication programmes and publication plans, across accounts and in collaboration with the client and internal client-service teams.
- Deliver meeting support for clients, including programme development and faculty selection and briefing, as well as on-site support.
- Actively contribute to project specifications and cost estimates on assigned accounts.
- Together with the Account Directors and Editorial Team Leaders, proactively contribute to the drive for organic growth and new business development for existing and new clients.
- Play an active role in development and delivery of new business proposals, pitches and presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- PhD and excellent undergraduate life science degree
- Significant previous relevant editorial or medical communications agency experience required.
- Demonstrate competence in a broad range of scientific and commercial writing across several therapy areas and of different editorial project types.
- Proven leadership skills and capable of mentoring and supporting more junior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, medical products and the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provides positive contributions to publication plans as well as strategic and business development.
- Keen budgetary awareness; ability to contribute to budgeting and proposal development.
- Problem-solving/diplomacy skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on challenging scientific projects.
- Skilled at working with a multidisciplinary team.
For more information or to submit an application please contact Sabine Willms on 01932 797963 or on email@example.com.