Our client is an award winning brand advertising and promotion agency. They are seeking a Junior Strategic Planner to join their team and be based in Surrey. You will be responsible for the assisting in the development of programs within a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment with the aim of winning new business as well as managing strategic marketing programs. As part of the creative team you will be charged with creating the brand strategy, developing the creative brief and tactics.
In return you can expect an excellent salary and raft of benefits including bonus, pension, 25 days holiday, flexitime and much more.
- Liaise with clients to identify specific business problems and develop relevant solutions
- Develop content outlines and first drafts of bespoke strategic workshops frameworks, utilising appropriate tools.
- Research and gather data to develop well-informed insights that form the basis of a plan to achieve identified goals
- Reviews, analyses and evaluates the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data.
- Evaluate competitive threats and identify opportunities for a client’s business
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with clients
- Produce workshop/meeting reports consolidating strategic implications and advising on next steps
- Support the Strategic Planner in the development of comprehensive business and marketing plans for clients based upon insights and analysis
- Liaise with externally commissioned market research vendors on methodology and stimuli that fulfil identified strategy
- Be the authority on the client’s brand and therapeutic area
- Keep up-to-date with issues/events/changes and proactively advise the client on new issues and the external environment
- In conjuncture with Creative Director and Strategic Planner, support development of clearly defined creative briefs that contain concise information on the product, audience and strategy
- Ensure strategic focus of all materials/projects
- Support the campaign measurement process to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance metrics
Project and Team Management:
- Work with the broader team to ensure the brand strategy is fully understood and integrated across deliverables (creative, messaging and tactical) – in partnership with the Strategic Planner
- Assist in facilitation of internal brainstorms/workshops to develop the strategic, tactical and creative direction of accounts
- Work with company tools and methodologies across accounts to ensure a consistent approach to building brands, while remaining aware/flexible to client specific frameworks
- Communicates key client issues/ initiatives to team accurately and in timely manner
- Works collaboratively with account team to develop workable budgets, work plans and realistic timetables
- Have an understanding of the financial status of the account at all times
- Intimately understand client products, therapy areas, portfolio and commercial strategy
- Provide strategic support on pitches forming part of the presentation team where required.
- Create and develop opportunities for developing organic growth within existing accounts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience gained within a healthcare communications agency.
- Excellent communication – oral, written
- Analytical thinking
- Planning and organisational skills
- Comfortable with interpretation of scientific information and raw data
- Ability to make complex subjects understandable
- Flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance own workload
- Line management/mentoring
- Compelling presentation/facilitation skills
- Commitment to ensure the best client service possible
For more information call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.