Solaris Health (www.solarishealth.com) is a specialist full-service medical communications Agency delivering bespoke strategic, scientific and creative solutions to UK, European and global Clients. Due to growth and expansion, we’re looking we’re looking for an Account Director to lead on day to day client relationships. You’ll be a thinker as well as a doer. So you’ll need the ability to step back and to plan, yet also be a focal point in the development of our work.
Day to day responsibilities include;
• Dissect briefs, understand the insight and lead the creative or strategic process.
• Motivate the creative team by providing excellent briefs and focus on developing the quality of the briefing documents so that creative and copy get excited at the opportunity to work on your projects.
• Develop strong relationships with clients to ensure you have the ability to influence approval of better work and leverage better briefs - it’s up to you to keep a constant look out for ways to add value to what’s been requested.
• Integrate clients into agency life – this will help building trust and win confidence so where possible, involve them and help ensure that they understand how we operate by planned agency immersion sessions, etc.
• Understand client’s strategies but also interrogate, challenge, and when appropriate, lead their development working through the Brand Foundation model and develop positioning statements.
• Every campaign has the potential to teach us something new. You’ll be the one to recognise what learnings each has provided and share the information with the team as appropriate
Business Development responsibilities include;
• Take ownership of forecasts and budgets, develop suitable strategies and take pride in delivering them.
• Ensure your team members are being efficient and maximising revenue opportunities.
• Seeing the potential should be second nature. You should be able to predict and ultimately maximise new business opportunities for Solaris Health. Combine this with an ability to bring your client(s) along with your thinking.
• On-going review of existing clients to ensure growth opportunities are identified, Client Business Plans created and clients are grown
• Be resourceful and manage available agency resources in the most efficient way. We’ll also expect your input into short and medium-term forecasts for resourcing requirements.
• Good financial management is critical to our long-term success. You are responsible for your client’s profit within the agency. Cascade its importance through the rest of the team.
Experience / characteristics required;
• Past experience of working in a medical comms agency is essential, ideally working across rare diseases in the med comms field.
• To be a natural leader, strategic thinker and problem-solver.
• An expert presenter, comfortable interacting at all levels.
• A desire to keep abreast of the industry for the benefit of your clients, the agency and your own personal development.
• 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 29 after 2 years’ service (not including Bank Holidays)
• Company pension scheme
• Outstanding training and progression
Solaris Health is proud to be part of The Mission Marketing Group™ - an independent network of creative agencies employing over 850 staff in 17 offices across the UK. Each agency strives to be ‘best in breed’ in a group that ranges from large multi-skilled, multi-discipline integrated agencies to those with very particular and specialist talents.