Chameleon offers an intellectually stimulating environment where teamwork and an entrepreneurial approach keep us at the cutting edge of medical communications. We have a strong focus on scientific quality, with established processes and systems that deliver creative, innovative and scientifically rigorous programmes and make us a highly rated partner for clients across the globe.
We are looking to grow our scientific teams with ambitious medical writers at all levels in our London and Manchester offices, including Medical Writers, Senior Medical Writers, Principal Medical Writers, Scientific Directors and Scientific Team Leaders.
We offer opportunities to work on blockbuster and niche products, on publications accounts and innovative educational programmes. Most of our accounts are global and involve close strategic partnerships with our clients, providing excellent opportunities for writers interested in developing their skills in strategy and client counsel.
Chameleon’s continued strong growth, combined with a commitment to training and development within a supportive environment, offers unrivalled career development opportunities.
What we offer
• A competitive salary with annual bonus
• 25 days’ annual holiday
• Private healthcare
• Private dental insurance
• Life assurance
• Subsidized gym membership
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee referral award scheme
• Independent Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket/travel loan
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Annual flu vaccination
• Annual eye test support
• Comprehensive training and mentoring programme
• Additional retail discounts and benefits available through the Omnicom Group
• A rewarding workplace and a fun team environment
• Degree (2:1 or higher) in a biological or medically related subject, higher degree desirable
• Writing experience in a medical communications agency or similar environment, in addition to the requirements above
Skills and abilities
• High-quality medical writing skills
• Organizational and time-management skills
• Team working
• Ability to provide critical, constructive and timely review of materials, and provide strategic input (at Senior Medical Writer level and above)
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and medical communications industries
• Awareness of key compliance guidelines
• PowerPoint, Word, Excel and EndNote skills
• Team player
• Patient, calm, independent and proactive
• Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial
• Well organized
• Great eye for detail
• Keen to mentor and develop others
Chameleon is a global company that brings energy and scientific strength to medical communications. Founded in 1997, Chameleon has grown to be a leader in medical communications with a large team of highly talented individuals and an impressive client list.
Over 160 team members work in our offices in West and Central London, Manchester, New York and Los Angeles. Chameleon is a member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), one of the leading medical education groups in the world with over 400 employees and part of the Omnicom Group.
Chameleon is a proud sponsor of AfriKids and is currently raising money to create a haematology laboratory for a hospital in Northern Ghana. The programme is run by local experts and aims to create a sustainable healthcare service that can be run without dependency on aid. The Chameleon team organizes a series of charitable events throughout the year to support AfriKids.